Goals and History
Enable commercial companies to more effectively collaborate with the Federal Government using commercial practices, as much as possible:
- By monitoring Federal Acquisition legislation, regulations, and policies to encourage the adoption of commercial practices that lower acquisition costs to the government and promote US economic growth and job creation
- By assisting member companies to better understand government directions, programs, and objectives.
- By educating and informing government stakeholders about the potential contribution of commercial companies.
- By benchmarking and sharing knowledge regarding government R&D and commercial contract activities to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of these operations
- Learn about and respond (as requested) to proposed statutory and regulatory actions that affect commercial enterprise interactions with the Federal government.
- Work for clear, broadly used definition of Commercial Entity (or business unit or non-traditional contractor.) – follow up on provided sample language.
- Support acquisition reform improvements that more closely parallel the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Meet with Federal Agencies and laboratories (particularly DoD and DOE) to:
- Learn about their priorities and technology needs,
- Understand priorities and processes for targeted agencies,
- Communicate technology strengths of IDCC companies that might best match their needs, (or best meet their program goals)
- Discuss the processes and barriers that impede government access to the very best developments in commercial R&D labs.
- Broaden use of Other Transaction Authority (OTAs and TIAs).
- Within DOE focusing on two offices: FE (Fossil Energy) and EERE (Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy).
- Focus on DoD.
- Develop a generic OTA justification statement and model OTA.
IDCC Chairpersons 1991 TO Present
- Robert C. Spreng, 3M
- Gregory Barthold, Alcoa
- Fred Abbott, DuPont
- Ward Collins, Dow Corning
- Merritt Marquardt, 3M
- Vincent Sullivan, IBM
- Stanley D. Fry, Eastman Kodak
- Fred J. Quan, Corning, Inc.
- James W. Brown, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Chris Herbst, Eaton Corporation
- Scott Boyce, Dow Chemical Co
- Diane Guerrazzi, W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Neil O'Brien, Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
- Morgan Sibbald, The Sherwin Williams Co.
- Russell Smith, Lutron Electronics Co., Inc.
- Government and Government Related Speakers
- Government Contract Experts and Attorneys